Everyone thought I'd suddenly become posh and spent a lot of money on clothing! NO WAY! I bought a sesame colour, fleece blanket on ebay.co.uk for £8, and added some scrap fabric. Then to accessorize I added a beautiful vintage brooch which finished off the look. I originally made this as an indoor dressing gown but realised it looked too good so I now only wear it out as a warm, 100% fleece jacket.
1) Lay out your 165cm/120cm blanket, flat like seen on photo 1:
2) Fold the blanket in half, length ways (so it looks like a long skinny blanket) as seen on photo 2:
3) At one end of the folded blanket, measure 25cm down and slightly off the middle, towards the fold edge, and cut a 20 cm strip hole, as seen on photo 3:
4) Now 10 cm bellow those holes, sew a belt strip of some scrap fabric you have or any beautiful fabric you like. I chose this fabric because I found that it complemented the colour of the fleece blanket and stayed in the elegant theme. Both photos show the same thing: The fabric, belt strip sewn onto the blanket/jacket.
5) Now put your arms through the holes, and wrap this beautiful jacket wrap around you and tie with a brooch. then make the collar look the way you like it, and with a discret sewing pin, pin it in place. Voila! You're ready to go out!
I hope you loved this project as much as I did! Let me know what you think and if you try it out for yourself!