Wednesday 17 December 2014

Oral hygiene update (oil pulling and tongue scraping)

Hi everybody!
Peace be with you all!

I've been away for almost 3 months, living on an eco-farm in central France! It was so super! During this time away I've had time to learn, re-learn and practice some new, green, cool stuff. They used Ayurvedic medicine to treat and prevent illnesses there and they were vegetarian too.

I had already read about oil pulling a while ago and just couldn't get down to doing it but it was recommended for me because it doesn't only serve as a great mouth wash and teeth whitener but also to clear out the sinuses and so many other ills! I always have sinus issues and other respiratory infections. So I decided to give it a go. When oil pulling, we should try to do it everyday for a month minimum before deciding whether or not it works for us. SO here I go, on an oil-pulling month!
The oil I use is roasted sesame oil, and I put some black seeds in the bottle, because black seeds are great for teeth health (and overall health).



The next thing I added to my routine is tongue scraping. Funnily enough I bought a pack of 6 tongue scrapers off ebay months and months ago but only used one very un-frequently. Now, I read that it's a very ancient Ayurvedic practice which, like oil pulling, helps for over all internal cleansing.



So, now, thanks to all the research I've done and thanks to other awesome bloggers and youtubers out there I've managed to transform my oral hygiene routine to this:


-Oil pulling for 15 minutes
-tongue scraping
-teeth brushing (baking soda and water)
-tongue scraping again
-water mouth wash for 1 or 2 minutes


This routine is the first thing I do when I wake up. Oil pulling must be done before eating and drinking anything in the morning because it gets rid of all the bacteria build up from the night. Our mouths are full of toxins and bacteria that have come out of all our organs and tissues through out the night and risen up to our mouths to get out of our bodies, but if we drink or eat when we wake up we just take it all back into our bodies! So we must get rid of it all first and oil pulling is just great for that!

where I got a lot of info from:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NehqUEFLFc8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRXUWEDMAz4

I will be doing this daily, morning routine for at least a month and see if it helps my health.

peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment